Emergency Mobile Charger using AA Batteries
Looking for a way to charge your phone when you are completely out of options? Make yourself a portable mini power bank completely from scratch which could come handy especially while traveling or while outdoor camping. This is a hobby project which can be made by anyone following some very simple instructions. The mobile charger works by reducing the voltage of the 4×1.5V AA batteries to 5V using a voltage regulator IC 7805 since the voltage required by a phone is 5V for charging.
You can also find step by step procedure on Instructables, click here.
4 x 1.5V AA Size Batteries Holder
4 x 1.5V AA Size Batteries
Voltage regulator IC 7805
USB A-Male to Micro B Cable
A portable mini power bank completely from scratch which could come handy especially while traveling or while outdoor camping !
How the Emergency Mobile Charger work ?
When 4×1.5V batteries are connected in series connection the total voltage is 4X1.5V= 6V which is above the save limit of the phones and therefore cannot be connected directly to a phone for the purpose of charging. Thus an IC 7805 is used to regulate the voltage and to make sure that we have a constant 5V output.
Steps to follow :
- Cut out the micro end of the USB cable cable and clip of the data cables. We require only RED and BLACK wires as shown in the picture :
- Now using a solder iron make the following connections as given below :
- Paste the IC 7805 on the battery holder using a glue gun so as to secure it on the surface
- Install four AA size batteries in the battery holder ( Make sure they are charged ! )
- Bingo! now you are ready to test your ‘Emergency Mobile Charger'
Here is a short video showing step by step procedure :