QUICK REVIEW CARD
Are you a hobbyist or an everyday professional whose daily works revolves around measuring and making amazing stuff but in the process you have lost several of those little marking pencils then QuickDraw’s Self Marking Tape is the answer to your needs
Why Quickdraw Pro?
The QUICKDRAW PRO Tape Measure is the FASTEST, most ACCURATE measuring device in the construction industry today. The patented graphite marking system comes preloaded and ready to mark.
A definite buy for the hobbyist since it is super handy and easy to use for projects. Particularly for woodworking and drywall work. The amazing features make it super easy to drag a straight line down a large sheet of material to make a long cut or you can have circle markings as per your requirement. Or pre-set the tape measure with a measurement and make your mark in hard to reach places.
Watch how Quickdraw Pro could assist you in your everyday needs :
Great idea. I can't wait to use it on larger projects as I have only tried it out to see how accurate it really is. No problems there.This tape will eliminate the need to make sure I always have a pencil with me. The line made is crisp and clear and the tape measure is well made.
The reasons I didn't give it 5 stars are that I would like to see is a way to anchor the end so that a circular pattern could be made and it isn't as heavy duty as my Stanley FatMax tapes. This tape still extends quite a ways, but will not handle a breeze without folding. Let me know if these things are improved and I would look at another! Also, make a 30' tape.
I saw a video of this product on a Facebook ad. I'm generally skeptical of these types of products, as they're usually not all they're cracked up to be.
I was pleasantly surprised on this one. It is super handy and easy to use for projects. Particularly woodworking and drywall work. It's super easy to drag a straight line down a large sheet of material to make a long cut. Or pre-set the tape measure with a measurement and make your mark in hard to reach places.
My only complaint is it's a little dainty. Definitely intended more for a hobbyist rather than a professional. The tape is narrowish, plastic construction is adequate but not super durable. Belt clip could be better. For $20 it's what I expected, and still a great product. I wish they would make a contractor grade one with a metal body and wider tape, but I'm just being not picky.
How to read a measuring tape?
Here is a small guide which can assist you in taking the correct readings during measurements.
- Find/read the markings. On a standard tape measure, the biggest marking is the inch mark (which generally has the biggest number, if it has them).
- As the increments decrease, so does the length of the mark.For example, ½" has a bigger mark than ¼" which has a bigger mark than ⅛", and so on.
- Read 1 inch. The space from the largest mark to another is 1 inch.
- Read one-half inch. Same principle as reading one inch, only this time the space between the second-biggest mark and the biggest is read. You can think of a half-inch mark as half way between a full inch.
- The remaining markings follow a similar pattern. ¼" is half of ½". ⅛" is half of ¼". Most tape measure markings go as small as 1/16" . This tape divides one more time, down to 1/32"